Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Perseverance



Perseverance
The only word to describe the day
One word, the curb of a thousand verbs
Simply put,
I ran far away and ended up in the same place.
No hat tricks involved,
no circles nor tracks...
I just found myself trying to get away
another way
But unable to man-up or face… what came.

It was not me who outlasted the pain
In fact, it was me that befell it.
I staggered into its arms,
coddled its teet,
Cried out its name,
As the weakness I know all too well overcame…

And they used to call me sane.

They used to call me by name
Crying out from their pain
To gain relief from their pathetic lives
Well look at me now, friends and loved ones…
Are you still running blind

All I feel I have left is to wallow or die
And this day, all this day
All I've wanted were these…
But instead, all that came was the persevering.

One more day, one more test
You will make it the best
At least until all the rest
Falls into place.....

And because of that one final thought
Here I stay.
At least till the persevering
fades away.

No comments:

Post a Comment